Chemistry is a fascinating subject exploring the building blocks of the universe and how they combine together to make infinite combinations. Think Lego… on an atomic scale!
This two year programme of 12 six-week topics will cover the KS3 National Curriculum for Chemistry. There will also be additional content to broaden interest in the subject – stuff there simply isn’t time to cover in schools! These topics are usually suited to students aged around 10-14 and will lay the groundwork for future study of GCSE Chemistry (or a similar qualification).
Lessons can be booked individually but there is a discount for booking whole topics. The lessons are taught to small groups of no more than 10. This enables the tutor to build rapport with students and each student to truly participate in the lesson and have their questions answered. Students completing all lessons in a topic will receive a free certificate of completion.
Student cameras are encouraged but are optional. We do not make recordings of lessons available as our focus is on real-time live tuition and the building of meaningful tutor-student relationships. There is plenty of recorded material available online if you are looking for that (we can help you find some if you would like – they have way better production skills than we ever could manage!). If you miss a lesson in a topic just let us know and we’ll do what we can to help provide some catch up materials.
Upper KS3 Chemistry – Earth’s Resources (10-10.50am)
Mon 13 June – Fossil fuels
Mon 20 June – Ores and minerals
Mon 27 June – Animals
Mon 4 July – Plants
Mon 11 July – The clothing industry
Mon 18 July – Sustainability and recycling
- Lesson titles are a guide only, exact content may vary (lessons aren’t all written at the time of posting and are tailored to suit a particular group).
- Please ensure the Zoom name of the learner matches that entered on the ticket below. Their Zoom name is their ‘password’ to enter the lesson. Incorrectly named students may not be admitted to the lesson.
- Learners are advised to join the Zoom room at least 10 minutes before the start of the lesson. Assistance with IT difficulties is not possible once the lesson has started.
- Ticket sales will end at least 30 minutes before the lesson is due to start.
Andy is a qualified and experienced science teacher who has worked as both a secondary school teacher and a private tutor since 2009. He has also worked in research for the NHS and in CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services). Andy’s love of science started as a child when he used to create fact files about plants and animals. Andy is interested in all types of science from Astronomy to Zoology and likes to help his students link their learning to everyday life. Andy is a co-founder of Tutor Led Learning.
How to Join
Joining lessons is easy:
- Find the ticket we emailed you for this lesson (check junk/spam if you can’t find it)
- Click the Zoom* link in the ticket and join the lesson!
*We strongly recommend downloading and testing out Zoom before using it for the lesson. Your child is advised to use a computer, laptop or tablet to access the lesson rather than a phone. Tutors may encourage the use of cameras and microphones but it will always be optional.
It’s important to be nice…
We treat all members of our community with respect and expect our students to do the same. We will not tolerate any abusive language or behaviour towards either students or tutors and we may remove students who behave inappropriately from any lesson without warning or refund.