Looking for supportive, nurturing and qualified tutors?
Book a FREE 15 minute learning consultation with Tutor Andy (BSc, PGCE) to discuss how we can support your child with their Science studies.
We know that all children are unique and that’s why we think it’s best to talk face-to-face to discuss whether we will be a good fit for your home-education journey.
Since 2018, we have been supporting students who have not been able to thrive in school, or who have always been home-schooled. Whatever your child’s experience of education so far, we’d love to talk with you more about why we are different and answer questions such as:
- How do you create a nurturing and supportive atmosphere in your tutorials?
- How do you ensure progress according to the National Curriculum?
- How do students get individualised feedback?
- What makes your classes different to other providers?
- How do you support neurodiverse children?
This 15 minute consultation is FREE, comes with no obligations, and is a great opportunity to find out more about what makes our style of teaching different!
Check out our reviews to see why parents choose Tutor Led Learning to support their home education journey.
Here’s a little more about our tutorials…
- Small groups (capped at 10 students) meaning a lovely atmosphere and great rapport
- Learner cameras and microphones are enabled so students can engage directly with the tutor and each other (encouraged but optional)
- Professionally qualified tutors with years of experience in schools and within Home Education
- FREE Certificate of Attendance with all topic tickets
- Students are able to join the programme at any time (subject to availability), they do not have to start in Term 1 (though this is desirable)
- There are no long-term contracts and no joining fees
- Your child can join a topic that has already started (subject to availability) – just get in touch
- You can request a free trial to sample the teaching style and small-group atmosphere.
Please note we do not make recordings of tutorials available. We focus on delivering the very best live, interactive lessons we can and we find recordings can dampen students’ willingness to participate. Read an article about our ethos here.
Andy is a qualified and experienced science teacher who has worked as both a secondary school teacher and a private tutor since 2009. He has also worked in research for the NHS and in CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services). Andy’s love of science started as a child when he used to create fact files about plants and animals. Andy is interested in all types of science from Astronomy to Zoology and likes to help his students link their learning to everyday life. Andy is a co-founder of Tutor Led Learning.
Joining tutorials is easy…
Step 1: After checkout look out for the ‘download’ link on screen and open it to access your ticket*
Step 2: 5-10 minutes before the start of the tutorial click on the Zoom link to access the class. To make introductions and ensure high levels of safeguarding ALL new students must be seen on camera prior to joining their first tutorial.
We strongly recommend downloading and testing out Zoom before using it for the tutorial. Your child is advised to use a computer, laptop or tablet to access the tutorial rather than a phone. The Zoom user name must match that of the child or the purchaser to ensure access.
*You can also access your purchased download links via the automated email you were sent at checkout (check your junk/spam if you can’t find it) OR you can log into your Tutor Led Learning account and go to your downloads section.
It’s important to be nice…
We treat all members of our community with respect and expect our students to do the same. We will not tolerate any abusive language or behaviour towards either students or tutors and we may remove students who behave inappropriately from any lesson without warning or refund.