Our small group online tutorials are perfect for re-engaging students not learning in the classroom
Since 2018 we have been using our unique experiences of classroom teaching and working in mental health, to provide tuition for students not learning in the classroom. Our nurturing, small-group, online tutorials are ideal for hard to reach students, including those with low attendance, SEMH, ASC, anxiety and/or EBSA. We’re formally QA’d (City of York Council) and validated by our fabulous community (thanks for the reviews)…. Oh, and we’re very good value too!
Experienced, Qualified and Quality Assured Tutors
Tutor Andy (BSc, PGCE)
- Andy Milson (BSc, PGCE) DSL and Enhanced DBS
- Seven years teaching science in English state schools across KS3, KS4 and KS5, tutoring since 2018
- Head of Curriculum, second in department, and staff governor
- Worked in CAMHS and NHS mental health research
- Mental Health First aid and Chimp Paradox Trained
- Find out more…
Tutor Dave (BA, MA, PGCE)
- David Martin (BA, MA, PGCE) DDSL and Enhanced DBS
- Four years teaching English in state schools and tutoring since 2018 across KS3, KS4 and KS5
- Broad academic background in English, history, philosophy and psychology
- Co-founder of a mental health training company (Delphis Learning Ltd)
- CELTA qualified teacher of English as a Foreign Language
- Find out more…
Affordable and Flexible
For just £15 per tutorial per student we provide…
- Consultation with relevant staff member to discuss each student’s needs
- Introductory welcome Zoom call with all new students (and parents/carers if they wish)
- Ongoing communication with parents/carers to assist attendance/student progress
- Emails to your attendance officer to advise of student absence
- Direct contact with the tutors – no call centres here!
- No setup fees or long-term tie-ins
- Option to reallocate a place without additional charge
Want to find out more?
Get in touch!
What we offer
If you have something else in mind (GCSE, 1:1 or a bespoke group) please get in touch to discuss.
KS3 small group tutorials
Bespoke, interactive tutorials, specially written for online teaching, following the national curriculum
Interactive via Zoom microphone, camera and chat function (camera use optional but encouraged at KS3)
Reassuring, low pressure and nurturing atmosphere (particularly suited to SEMH/ASC/anxious students)
- Lower, Middle and Upper KS3 English Reading and Writing topics
- Google docs used for student work enabling live, instantaneous feedback
- A real focus on building confidence and nurturing a love of the subject
- Lower and Upper KS3 Biology, Chemistry & Physics; occasionally Maths for Science, Scientific Investigations etc
- A focus on developing critical thinking skills and understanding of the scientific method
- Topics encourage engagement by linking to real-life events in the wider world
The Together Programme
- The Together Programme improves overall student wellbeing by helping them better understand themselves and their place in the world
- The Programme comprises six topics: Mental Health 1&2, Psychology, Media, Philosophy and Politics (best suited to students aged 13+)
Got a student in mind?
We can help!
Enrolling your students is easy
We’ve kept things as short and simple as possible.
Get Zoom links
Do you have hard to reach students we can support?
Complete the form and we’ll be in touch soon!