Chemistry is a fascinating subject exploring the building blocks of the universe and how they combine together to make infinite combinations. Think Lego… on an atomic scale!
Our live tutorials are a great way to learn:
- Small groups (capped at 10 students) meaning a lovely atmosphere and great rapport
- Student cameras and microphones are enabled so students can engage directly with the tutor and each other (encouraged but optional)
- Professionally qualified tutors with years of experience in schools and within Home Education
- FREE Certificate of Attendance with all topic tickets
This topic is part of a two-year Key Stage 3 programme of study (there are six lower and six upper topics in each of Biology, Chemistry and Physics). Our interactive tutorials have been specially written to follow the National Curriculum, ensuring students are adequately prepared for further Key Stage 4 (GCSE) study.
- Students are able to join the programme at any time (subject to availability),they do not have to start in Term 1
- There are no long-term contracts and no joining fees
- Your child can join a topic that has already started (subject to availability) – just get in touch
- You can request a free trial to sample the teaching style and small-group atmosphere
Please note we do not make recordings of tutorials available. We focus on delivering the very best live, interactive lessons we can and we find recordings can dampen students’ willingness to participate.
Upper KS3 Chemistry – Types of reaction (Mondays 10:00-10.50am UK time)
Week 1, Term 4 – Combustion
Week 2, Term 4 – Fuels
Week 3, Term 4 – Thermal decomposition
Week 4, Term 4 – Conservation of mass
Week 5, Term 4 – Balancing equations
Week 6, Term 4 – Explosions
Andy is a qualified and experienced science teacher who has worked as both a secondary school teacher and a private tutor since 2009. He has also worked in research for the NHS and in CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services). Andy’s love of science started as a child when he used to create fact files about plants and animals. Andy is interested in all types of science from Astronomy to Zoology and likes to help his students link their learning to everyday life. Andy is a co-founder of Tutor Led Learning.
Joining tutorials is easy…
Step 1: After checkout look out for the ‘download’ link on screen and open it to access your ticket*
Step 2: 5-10 minutes before the start of the tutorial click on the Zoom link to access the class (please ensure the Zoom name matches that of your child or the purchaser of the ticket)
We strongly recommend downloading and testing out Zoom before using it for the tutorial. Your child is advised to use a computer, laptop or tablet to access the tutorial rather than a phone.
*You can also access your purchased download links via the automated email you were sent at checkout (check your junk/spam if you can’t find it) OR you can log into your Tutor Led Learning account and go to your downloads section.
It’s important to be nice…
We treat all members of our community with respect and expect our students to do the same. We will not tolerate any abusive language or behaviour towards either students or tutors and we may remove students who behave inappropriately from any lesson without warning or refund.