I have been working with HomeEd families since 2018 and haven’t looked back! I studied a wide range of subjects at university including English, Creative Writing, Philosophy and History, and love being able to explore these topics with our students. Having ran a mental health training company, I believe student wellbeing is one of the most important factors for helping children succeed. I’m also interested in mechanics, music and all sorts of literature.
Upper KS3 English lessons are for students who have already had some formal English education beyond primary school level or have completed our Lower KS3 English lessons. They might benefit from this more developed experience of analysing and writing texts that these lessons provide. A typical age range might be 12-14, though other ages are very welcome. Students can switch to Lower KS3 English lessons if they feel they need to (space permitting).
- Tutorials will contain no more than 10 students per class. Small groups enable tutors to get to know individual students, tailor teaching to meet group needs and create maximum opportunities for interaction and engagement via cameras, microphones, chat, polls and quizzes (all are optional).
- Tutors are available online 10 minute before the advertised start time of the lesson. This is a great time to get to know each other, review last week’s learning or have specific questions answered. Students completing all lessons in a topic will receive a certificate congratulating them on their work – these can be useful if evidence is required for schools or local authorities.
How to Join
Joining lessons is easy:
- Find the ticket we emailed you for this lesson (check spam/junk if you can’t find it)
- Click the Zoom* link in the ticket and join the lesson!
*We strongly recommend downloading and testing out Zoom before using it for the lesson. Your child is advised to use a computer, laptop or tablet to access the lesson. Some tutors may encourage the use of cameras and microphones but it will always be optional.
It’s important to be nice…
We treat all members of our community with respect and expect our students to do the same. We will not tolerate any abusive language or behaviour towards either students or tutors and we may remove students who behave inappropriately from any lesson without warning.
- Lesson titles are a guide only, exact content may vary (lessons aren’t all written at the time of posting and are tailored to suit a specific group).
- Please ensure the Zoom name of the learner matches that entered on the ticket below. Their Zoom name is their ‘password’ to enter the lesson. Incorrectly named students may not be admitted to the lesson.
- Learners are advised to join the Zoom room at least 10 minutes before the start of the lesson. Assistance with IT difficulties is not possible once the lesson has started.
- Ticket sales will end at least one hour before the lesson is due to start.