*Discounted tickets for topic blocks can be bought by going to the first week of each term
- This lesson has passed.
Together Programme: Psychology
6 September @ 3:00 pm - 3:50 pm BSTFree – £24.00
Tutor Led Learning have created this unique Together Programme to help young people build their resilience and confidence – an investment in an unknowable future.
We are best at dealing with uncertainties when we understand ourselves and the wider world around us.
Topics on Psychology and Mental Health will give young people a host of information and resources which will help them develop self-awareness and self-care. Topics on Philosophy, Politics and Media will increase understanding of why the world is like it is.
The Together Programme is about developing understanding, compassion, resilience and confidence. Together we can do anything.
How it works
- Each topic comprises six 50-minute lessons which are taught by experienced subject specialists.
- The first lesson in each topic can be bought on a ‘Pay What You Want’ basis.
- Lessons are typically suited to students aged approximately 12-15 years.
- Students are free to dip in and out of the programme on a lesson by lesson or topic by topic basis.
- These live lessons are taught on a Community (webinar) basis, cameras and microphones will be disabled but interactivity with the tutor will be encouraged via the chat function.
Please note the tutors are not medically trained physicians or counsellors so will be unable to provide individual advice regarding any health related matters.
Psychology – an introductory exploration of some key themes from the Edexcel GCSE Psychology specification. Lessons include: The Brain; Memory; Perception; Sleep and Dreaming; Social Psychology; Criminal Psychology.
Mental Health 1 – learn how to better understand and care for yourself. Lessons include: Introduction to Mental Health; Self-Esteem and Resilience; Better Mental Health; Stress and Anxiety; Psychological Conditions 1 & Psychological Conditions 2.
Mental Health 2 – learn how to further understand and care for yourself. Lessons include: Emotional Intelligence; Thinking Traps; Social Media; Identity; Sleep, Nutrition & Exercise; Mindfulness.
Moral Philosophy – develop critical thinking skills and a deeper understanding of how to decide what is right and wrong. Lessons include: Don’t Rock The Boat; Tough Decisions; Animal Rights; Consequences; Intentions; Virtues.
Politics – this topic develops understanding about politics, how it affects us all and how you can get involved. Lessons include: What Is Politics?; Decision Making; Political Parties; Elections and Voting; Getting Heard; Media.
Media – most of what you think you know comes from the media; learn how it works in this fascinating topic. Lessons include: The Importance of Journalism; Bias in the Media; Social Media; The Media Under Attack; Fake News; How Journalism Works.
Andy is a qualified and experienced science teacher who has worked since 2009 as both a secondary school teacher and private tutor with Home Educating families. Andy has also worked in research for the NHS and in CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services). Andy’s love of science started as a child when he used to create fact files about plants and animals. Andy is interested in all types of science from Astronomy to Zoology and likes to help his students link their learning to everyday life. Andy is a co-founder of Tutor Led Learning.
How to Join
Joining lessons is easy:
- Find the ticket emailed to you after purchase (check junk/spam if you can’t find it)
- Click the Zoom* link in the ticket and join the lesson
*We strongly recommend downloading and testing out Zoom before using it for the lesson. Your child is advised to use a computer, laptop or tablet to access the lesson rather than a mobile phone.
It’s important to be nice…
We treat all members of our community with respect and expect our students to do the same. We will not tolerate any abusive language or behaviour towards either students or tutors and we may remove students who behave inappropriately from any lesson without warning.
- Lesson titles are a guide only, exact content may vary (lessons aren’t all written at the time of posting and are tailored to suit a particular group).
- Please ensure the Zoom name of the learner matches that entered on the ticket below. Their Zoom name is their ‘password’ to enter the lesson. Incorrectly named students may not be admitted to the lesson.
- Learners are advised to join the Zoom room at least 10 minutes before the start of the lesson. Assistance with IT difficulties is not possible once the lesson has started.
- Ticket sales will end at least half an hour before the lesson is due to start.