*Discounted tickets for topic blocks can be bought by going to the first week of each term
- This lesson has passed.
NEW TOPIC! KS3 Science (Physics): Light
15 June @ 10:00 am - 10:50 am BST£7.50
KS3 Science (Physics): Light
Light up your learning programme with this illuminating topic!
These live and interactive lessons are based on the KS3 Science National Curriculum, they will help students prepare for GCSE Physics or other similar qualifications.
The lessons are typically suited to students aged approximately 10-14 years of age. Small groups (capped at 10) ensure students get the opportunity to interact with the tutor and have their questions answered.
Lessons can be taken as a whole topic (recommended) or individually, if preferred, as they are written to make sense on a lesson by lesson basis.
Lesson 1 (Tues 8 June): What is light? Learn what we know about the properties of light.
Lesson 2 (Tues 15 June): Reflections and mirrors – Learn about the properties of reflected light, angles of reflection and incidence… and some magic tricks with mirrors!
Lesson 3 (Tues 22 June): Refraction and lenses – Learn how lenses work and how we make use of them in telescopes and microscopes
Lesson 4 (Tues 29 June): Colour – Learn why light is different colours (it’s not really!) and why coloured objects appear different under different lights
Lesson 5 (Tues 6 July): Cameras and eyes – Learn how our eyes work and compare this to different types of camera
Lesson 6 (Tues 13 July): Uses of light – Learn how we use light for all sorts of purposes from tanning salons to lasers
- Lesson titles are a guide only, exact content may vary (lessons aren’t all written at the time of posting and are tailored to suit a particular group).
- Please ensure the Zoom name of the learner matches that entered on the ticket below. Their Zoom name is their ‘password’ to enter the lesson. Incorrectly named students may not be admitted to the lesson.
- Learners are advised to join the Zoom room at least 10 minutes before the start of the lesson. Assistance with IT difficulties is not possible once the lesson has started.
- Ticket sales will end at least one hour before the lesson is due to start.
Andy is a qualified and experienced science teacher who has worked as both a secondary school teacher and a private tutor since 2009. He has also worked in research for the NHS and in CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services). Andy’s love of science started as a child when he used to create fact files about plants and animals. Andy is interested in all types of science from Astronomy to Zoology and likes to help his students link their learning to everyday life. Andy is a co-founder of Tutor Led Learning.
How to Join
Joining lessons is easy:
- Find the ticket we emailed you for this lesson (check junk/spam if you can’t find it)
- Click the Zoom* link in the ticket and join the lesson!
*We strongly recommend downloading and testing out Zoom before using it for the lesson. Your child is advised to use a computer, laptop or tablet to access the lesson. Some tutors may encourage the use of cameras and microphones but it will always be optional.
It’s important to be nice…
We treat all members of our community with respect and expect our students to do the same. We will not tolerate any abusive language or behaviour towards either students or tutors and we may remove students who behave inappropriately from any lesson without warning.