- This lesson has passed.
NEW! KS3 English: Exploring English
22 April @ 11:00 am - 11:50 pm BST£7.50 – £45
Welcome to Exploring English!
In these live, interactive lessons, we will be inspiring a love of reading and developing a range of reading skills by engaging with great writing.
Given that great writing can take many forms, we will be reading poetry, speeches, analysing song lyrics, extracts from great novels and more. We really are going to explore English in as many forms as we can, so these lessons will be a great chance to engage with writing and writers students may never have come across before.
The texts we will look at will be guided by our current theme, or sometimes by important events that have occurred. Students are also welcome to make suggestions for future texts – one of the great things about English is that the range of texts we can study is almost limitless!
By exploring a wide range of texts, students will not only broaden the range of writing they have encountered, but also develop their reading analysis skills – looking at how writers use language and structure to make their work engaging and powerful. But we don’t just want to focus on the nuts and bolts of writing, but inspire a love of reading and engender a love of life-long reading in our students. And it goes without saying that reading great texts is the best way to improve our own writing.
We have small group sizes (max 10), so everyone has a chance to share their ideas (if they would like to), and there’s plenty of time for discussion and for students to get to know each other. We have students from all around the UK, so there’s a good chance of some friendships being made right across the country! We can’t wait to see you there 🙂
David is a qualified English teacher with a master’s degree in contemporary literature. He worked in secondary schools for four years before leaving to become a professional tutor. David has been tutoring a range of students for two years now and really loves the opportunity to make a real difference and inspire young minds! He also teaches philosophy lessons and is a co-founder of Tutor Led Learning.
How to Join
Joining lessons is easy:
- Find the ticket we emailed you for this lesson (check spam/junk if you can’t find it)
- Click the Zoom* link in the ticket and join the lesson!
*We strongly recommend downloading and testing out Zoom before using it for the lesson. Your child is advised to use a computer, laptop or tablet to access the lesson. Some tutors may encourage the use of cameras and microphones but it will always be optional.
It’s important to be nice…
We treat all members of our community with respect and expect our students to do the same. We will not tolerate any abusive language or behaviour towards either students or tutors and we may remove students who behave inappropriately from any lesson without warning.
- Lesson titles are a guide only, exact content may vary (lessons aren’t all written at the time of posting and sometimes inspiration strikes!).
- Please ensure the Zoom name of the learner matches that entered on the ticket below. Their Zoom name is their ‘password’ to enter the lesson. Incorrectly named students may not be admitted to the lesson.
- Learners are advised to join the Zoom room at least 10 minutes before the start of the lesson. Assistance with IT difficulties is not possible once the lesson has started.
- Ticket sales will end at least one hour before the lesson is due to start – don’t delay, book today 🙂