- This lesson has passed.
KS3 Science: Plant reproduction (3/6)
11 March @ 10:00 am - 10:50 am GMT£7.50
In this KS3 Science topic students will explore plant reproduction.
This topic follows part of the KS3 National Curriculum and will help prepare students for GCSE Biology or a similar qualification.
Students are advised to take all lessons in a topic but each lesson can be taken as a stand alone if preferred.
The lessons are typically suited to students aged approximately 10-14 years of age.
All lessons are live, interactive and delivered to small groups (a maximum of 8). If you have questions about this topic or any other, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Prior Learning: No specialist prior learning is required.
Lesson 1 (Thurs 25 Feb): Introduction to different types of plants including basic taxonomy
Lesson 2 (Thurs 4 Mar): Amazing world of flowers
Lesson 3 (Thurs 11 Mar): Asexual reproduction and cloning
Lesson 4 (Thurs 18 Mar): Seed dispersal – wind, water and animals
Lesson 5 (Thurs 25 Mar): Bizarre relationships between plants and animals
Lesson 6 (Thurs 1 Apr ): Grow your own plants – it’s spring, get gardening!
- Lesson titles are a guide only, exact content may vary (lessons aren’t all written at the time of posting and sometimes inspiration strikes!).
- Please ensure the Zoom name of the learner matches that entered on the ticket below. Their Zoom name is their ‘password’ to enter the lesson. Incorrectly named students may not be admitted to the lesson.
- Learners are advised to join the Zoom room at least 10 minutes before the start of the lesson. Assistance with IT difficulties is not possible once the lesson has started.
- Ticket sales will end at least one hour before the lesson is due to start – don’t delay book today 🙂
Andy is a qualified and experienced science teacher who has worked as both a secondary school teacher and a private tutor since 2009. Andy’s love of science started as a child when he used to create fact files about plants and animals. Andy is interested in all types of science from Astronomy to Zoology and likes to help his students link their learning to everyday life. Andy is a co-founder of Tutor Led Learning.
How to Join
Joining lessons is easy:
- Before the class begins log in to your account and visit Join Your Lesson
- Choose the lesson you have purchased
- On the lesson page, click ‘Join Lesson’ to start the Zoom* classroom
*We strongly recommend downloading and testing out Zoom before using it for the lesson. Your child is advised to use a computer, laptop or tablet to access the lesson. Some tutors may encourage the use of cameras and microphones but it will always be optional.
It’s important to be nice…
We treat all members of our community with respect and expect our students to do the same. We will not tolerate any abusive language or behaviour towards either students or tutors and we may remove students who behave inappropriately from any lesson without warning.