*Discounted tickets for topic blocks can be bought by going to the first week of each term
- This lesson has passed.
KS3 English: Levelling Up
23 June @ 11:00 am - 11:50 am BST£7.50
Welcome to KS3 English: Levelling Up
English is all about skills. Whether they are for reading or writing, the skills we have can always be improved. We can ‘level-up’ (just like in a game) and get better at understanding the things we read and learn to communicate more effectively through our writing.
In these lessons, we will focus on the nuts and bolts of language such as grammar, vocabulary and structure. We will learn about a range of language features and how we can use them for the effects we want to achieve and how other writers can use them to make us feel and think what they want us to.
Because we don’t just suddenly stop using our English skills once we are grown-ups (whenever that is!) we will focus on how we can apply our English skills in the real world. For example; writing letters of complaint, getting the right tone in our emails, and how we should structure and present a CV. Students are also free, and encouraged, to suggest types of texts we could study and/or write themselves.
We have small group sizes (max 10), so everyone has a chance to share their ideas (if they would like to), and there’s plenty of time for discussion and for students to get to know each other. We have students from all around the UK, so there’s a good chance of some friendships being made right across the country! We can’t wait to see you there 🙂
David is a qualified English teacher with a master’s degree in contemporary literature. He worked in secondary schools for four years before leaving to become a professional tutor. David has been tutoring a range of students for two years now and really loves the opportunity to make a real difference and inspire young minds! He also teaches philosophy lessons and is a co-founder of Tutor Led Learning.
How to Join
Joining lessons is easy:
- Find the ticket we emailed you for this lesson (check spam/junk if you can’t find it)
- Click the Zoom* link in the ticket and join the lesson!
*We strongly recommend downloading and testing out Zoom before using it for the lesson. Your child is advised to use a computer, laptop or tablet to access the lesson. Some tutors may encourage the use of cameras and microphones but it will always be optional.
It’s important to be nice…
We treat all members of our community with respect and expect our students to do the same. We will not tolerate any abusive language or behaviour towards either students or tutors and we may remove students who behave inappropriately from any lesson without warning.
- Lesson titles are a guide only, exact content may vary (lessons aren’t all written at the time of posting and sometimes inspiration strikes!).
- Please ensure the Zoom name of the learner matches that entered on the ticket below. Their Zoom name is their ‘password’ to enter the lesson. Incorrectly named students may not be admitted to the lesson.
- Learners are advised to join the Zoom room at least 10 minutes before the start of the lesson. Assistance with IT difficulties is not possible once the lesson has started.
- Ticket sales will end at least one hour before the lesson is due to start – don’t delay, book today 🙂