KS3/4 Science: Psychology
28 May @ 11:00 am - 11:50 pm BST£7.50
KS3/4 Science: Psychology
In this KS3 Science topic students will explore some key themes in Psychology.
The content for these lessons has been drawn from GCSE Psychology specifications but will be delivered to a KS3/KS4 level (suitable for students aged approximately 12-16).
Students are advised to take all lessons in a topic but each lesson can be taken as a stand alone if preferred.
All lessons are live, interactive and delivered to small groups (a maximum of 10). If you have questions about this topic or any other, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Prior Learning: No specialist prior learning is required.
Lesson 1 (Fri 23 Apr): An introduction to the brain – what the different parts are and what they do
Lesson 2 (Fri 30 Apr): Memory – different ideas about how it works (or doesn’t!)
Lesson 3 (Fri 7 May): Perception – how do we receive and process information about the world
Lesson 4 (Fri 14 May): Sleep – why do we sleep? Why do we dream?
Lesson 5 (Fri 21 May): Social psychology – how are we influenced by those around us?
Lesson 6 (Fri 28 May): Criminal psychology – why do some people commit crimes?
Andy is a qualified and experienced science teacher who has worked as both a secondary school teacher and a private tutor since 2009. Andy’s love of science started as a child when he used to create fact files about plants and animals. Andy is interested in all types of science from Astronomy to Zoology and likes to help his students link their learning to everyday life. Andy is a co-founder of Tutor Led Learning.
How to Join
Joining lessons is easy:
- Find the ticket we emailed you for this lesson (check junk/spam if you can’t find it)
- Click the Zoom* link in the ticket and join the lesson!
*We strongly recommend downloading and testing out Zoom before using it for the lesson. Your child is advised to use a computer, laptop or tablet to access the lesson. Some tutors may encourage the use of cameras and microphones but it will always be optional.
It’s important to be nice…
We treat all members of our community with respect and expect our students to do the same. We will not tolerate any abusive language or behaviour towards either students or tutors and we may remove students who behave inappropriately from any lesson without warning.
- Lesson titles are a guide only, exact content may vary.
- To help with safeguarding please ensure the Zoom username matches the name on the ticket. Their Zoom username is their ‘password’ to enter the lesson. Incorrectly named students may be removed from a lesson.
- Learners are advised to join the Zoom room at least 10 minutes before the start of the lesson. Unfortunately assistance with IT difficulties is not possible once the lesson has started.
- Ticket sales will end at least one hour before the lesson is due to start and all tickets are sold on a first come first served basis.